Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Remembered


A childhood friend stopped by during a visit out way... west of the Dakotas, where he lives. It was great to see Paddy again. 
I was always in the thick of it with he and his brothers when we were little kids.  We often camped* together, swam, fished, skied Tahoe, hunted, played pool, and generally ran a muck.  Being the only girl in that bunch was not an issue, they expected me to be able to do whatever was on in the moment, no fear!
After we moved away from the area I had only limited contact with them.  We were all busy living our lives. 
 Paddy went on to become an ER doc, with a family practice as well.  I don't know what started him on that road, I do know he saved my life when we were just kids, and I had done something incredibly stupid a horseback. 
As we were talking about our lives in the intervening years... he called me by the nickname that they used for me.  I hadn't heard it in years... remembered good times.
*see: http://brighidsplace.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-loved-camping-and-still-do.html
   

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar